- Do you wish you could join a fitness class, but something is holding you back?
- Are you concerned about injuries by working out?
- Have you been injured, recovered, and now not sure how to safely exercise?
- Do you feel “out of place” in your local gym?
- Do you need help even with basic exercise, not knowing where to begin?
This class is for YOU! This class is geared to the underserved in the fitness world. This class is for those who are able to move around, but not fit enough to join a local exercise class. This is for those who want a tailored plan to their specific level.
Are you the right fit for the Zero to Functional class?
- You are healed from an injury, and cleared by your doctor to resume normal activities.
- You are unable to walk 10,000 steps per day comfortably and easily.
- You injure yourself easily with basic exercise or overexertion.
- You feel lost, “out of place”, and uncomfortable in a gym, and don’t feel ready for a personal trainer.
- You fear joining fitness classes, recreational or sports teams, etc, for possible injuries or being unable to perform at a basic level.
- You struggle to get up and down from the ground.
- You avoid hills, stairs, hiking, and other “climbing activities” due to fear of pain or injury.
- You are overweight, and need basic help to get moving again.
Who is NOT a good fit for the Zero to Functional class?
- You can easily and comfortably walk 10,000 steps per day.
- You can do basic regular exercise without fear of injury.
- You are still healing from injuries, and/or under a doctor or physical therapist’s care.
- Your health precludes you from basic exercises.
What does “zero to functional” mean?
- Being at zero level means you aren’t injured but you are unable to complete basic exercise.
- Being below zero level or “in the negative” means you are injured or healing from injuries and under a doctor’s care.
- Functional means you are able to walk 10,000 steps per day and easily complete basic exercise.
Who is helping me?
This class is run by Dr. Jeff Gunnell, a chiropractor with a background in Exercise Science. Dr. Gunnell has helped hundreds of patients get functional again after injuries. By combining his love of sports, education in exercise science, years of patient care in all kinds of physical rehabilitation, Dr. Gunnell and his wife Amber, have put together a program for helping the underserved in the fitness world.
What are the classes like?
This program combines a detailed look into the weak areas of the body, and tailors a program to focus on SAFETY, STABILITY, and STRENGTH. These 3 areas of focus help ensure each patient gets coaching geared to their level of ability to avoid injury and improve movement. These 3 “S” areas of focus will be accomplished by specific exercises that build upon one another. Every class has these 3 groups working together on their ability level.
- Those at zero level are in our red SAFETY group. Our focus is basic, controlled, coordinated movement for safely strengthening the joints. At zero level we don’t want anyone going “below zero” or “in the negatives” by getting injured with increased activity. Red group members are focusing on proper joint function.
- Those in our yellow STABILITY group continue with strengthening around joints and adding flexibility and coordination. Our focus will also include balance for optimal stability.
- Those in our green STRENGTH group continue with strengthening joints, improving balance and flexibility, but also focus on strengthening the core and larger muscle groups. Our green group members also focus on endurance. We are building upon lower levels and working toward the ability to complete 10,000 steps per day, and any other beginner fitness training.
Each group member performs similar exercises together, however, they will level up at their own pace. Some exercises will be omitted or added depending on the ability level of each member.
Group sizes are small. Just a few group members in each level are allowed, to ensure Dr. Gunnell can assist each person as they complete their exercises. Small group sizes are the goal. Dr. Gunnell will move around assisting each group, answering questions, and watching that all exercises are done safely.
What is my commitment level?
This program is set up to create weekly accountability. A minimum of 2 times per week is required to see the desired results. Classes are held 3 times per week - Tuesday & Thursday (7am-8am), and Saturday (8am-9am). You are also given at-home requirements and goals.
More classes will be added in the future.
The program is a 90 day commitment. The program may be repeated, or additional months can be added as needed.
How do I get started?
Before starting the class, an exam is required with Dr. Gunnell. In this exam Dr. Gunnell will assess your fitness level, assess the strength of your joints, past injuries and surgeries, and determine which group is suited to your needs.
Once your group level is determined you join the weekly fitness class.
How much does this cost?
$997 (includes exam, 3 months of weekly classes with attendance in 2/3 classes per week)
$697 (introductory price for first 10 people to sign up!)
Once you have completed your initial 90 days and want to continue, all additional months cost $250 per month.
All monthly membership fees are auto-run on the first of the month. There are NO refunds. No refunds? Correct! Being fully committed requires putting your money where your mouth is. Being “all in” helps you create better habits and success in anything you begin. Part of your membership goes to a service you are being provided, but it’s also for accountability! Accountability is often the hardest part when it comes to a fitness plan.
M-F: See Vagaro Link for current hours
Sat: unavailable at this time
194 E. 860 S.
Orem, UT 84058